Award: $500 to $1,000 that can be used for tuition, fees, housing, food or textbooks
Deadline: EXTENDED TO March 10, 2017 at 4pm. All application materials must be received by this date. No late applications will be accepted.
Requirements: Applicant must meet all of the following qualifications:
- Be graduating from a Cabarrus County Public School in May or June 2017
- Plan to attend either a community college, vocational school, trade school, college or university beginning in Fall 2017.
- Be the first generation in their family to pursue a post-secondary education meaning neither parent has earned or are currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree.
- If selected, you must provide proof of acceptance to the college/school and your student ID number.
- Also if selected, you must attend the Board of Education meeting on April 10, 2017 to be recognized.
Submittal: Please send all application materials through one of these methods:
|Mail to:||Deliver to:|
Cabarrus County Education Foundation
|Cabarrus County Education Center
4401 Old Airport Road
Concord, NC 28025
Attn: Amy Gough
Application and Funding Process:
- Please ensure that your application is legible and proper grammar is used.
- Please keep a copy of your application submission (except for the recommendation letters) to ensure CCEF receives all materials.
- Upon receipt of your application, you will receive an email from the CCEF Executive Director, Amy Gough, acknowedging your application is complete so please check your email regularly.
- Decision notification will be mailed to all applicants on March 23, 2017.
- Attend Board of Education meeting on April 10, 2017 to be recognized. CCEF will also be creating a brief video that evening to share with CCEF sponsors and donors. More details will be provided with your notification letter, if selected.
- CCEF also presents at each student's Senior Awards ceremony to recognize this honor.
- Funds are mailed directly to the applicant's school indicated on the application unless notified by email of a change in school.
- Funds are released after selected applicants provide proof of acceptance to the college/school, student ID number, and a picture of the applicant.